TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lowe Campbell Ewald Returns to Detroit

Today feels like the first day of school...except it's the first day for Lowe Campbell Ewald in our NEW offices in Detroit. So far, I got an awesome parking spot, met a nice security guard, and found out the only water source is the tap in the kitchen. Still, they brought in some awesome coffee - so who needs water?

I also learned that my instagram name is in Hebrew. Found that out rather awkwardly when it showed up on our giant screen that rests throughout most floors. Ooops. That giant screen is fairly cool - it shows all the tweets and 'grams with the tag #LCEDetroit. It's really nice to see all the love from around the 'net when it comes to LCE's big move. Super lovin' that.

Seeing the space all done up was also really exciting! All the LCE branding was super cool as is the fantastic view of Comerica Park. People are starting to settle in now and they're leaning to work within the open-space atmosphere. So far, not super loud - which is nice. Just in case, I have my headphones.

I know I don't look super thrilled in my selfie but that cup of coffee was AMAZING That pic was also taken SUPER early this morning. It will likely be the only selfie I take today. How do I look?

Our reference center reminds me of the Marc Rich Library at the IDC. The chairs in there look super comfy. So, if you're in the office and you need me, that's where I'll be.

In SEO news (just in case anyone cares), if you have the idea of guest blogging for link building - don't bother. Matt Cutts (of Google fame) says it's a bad idea. Guest blogging is dead (for link building).

Back to the topic at hand - our new office. Here are some cool media snippets for you:

We were serenaded this morning. These kids are the future of Detroit and their voices are phenomenal! Well done Detroit Academy of Arts & Sciences - you are the future of this city! There's nothing like being serenaded by kids who could easily beat out Michael Jackson,  the Supremes, and Alicia Keys.



I got into work early this morning, like I normally do, and I even started working - here's proof! My desk isn't super 'homey' yet. I'm waiting on some new pictures of the kids and the dogs before I start adding new wallpaper.

Welcome to LCE Detroit. I won't miss Warren and its 50 shades of gray. I prefer the color and open-ness (that's a word, right?) of Detroit.

UPDATE!!
I hugged Herman Moore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet