TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Historical Acting Dreams

Once upon a time I wanted to be an actress. My parents thought it was the dumbest idea and didn't exactly support me on it. Look, it wasn't as if I wanted to be an astronaut or a physicist. We ALL know I'm not cut out to be either of those but I think I would have been an award winning actress. Alas, without an audition coach, no one would have taken me seriously, right? Maybe I just needed to be pushed in the right direction... who knows.
Picture it: me + Rob Lowe in the greatest film ever made!!

Fast forward some years later and here I am ... not an actress. I could have gone to the Actor's Studio and had some audition coaching but my real dream doesn't lie in making people laugh or cry ... I do that for free. My dream lies in history, fact finding, and learning about a time that is fleeting quickly from our memories. Still, I wonder what would have happened if I followed through with all of my determination, ambition, and passion. Would I have become an actress? Would I be on TV or in the movies? I guess no one can answer that but I think it's safe to say that where I ended up isn't so bad! I have a great husband, one heck of a kid, two sweet dogs, a caring and loving family, and a fantastic life.

Above: people who need audition coaches. Reality TV is the WORST form of acting.

My dreams are coming true - slowly, slowly (which, I'll admit, sounds WAY better in Hebrew) - but I'm only 31. If I wanted to act, I think I could do it! I think I'd still be a kick ass actress (with the right coaching and training) but I'll stick to writing and researching history.

Give me a JOB History Channel!!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet