TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Guest Post: 5 Ways to Renew Your Denim Favorites for Summer

Today's post is written by a women I've known for A LONG TIME! I'm pretty sure we went to middle school together - that's how long I've known her! For my gratitude challenge, Day 5, I'm giving her the spotlight. She has an amazing post about DENIM! Since moving to Israel, my fashion sense is a little wonky, so I asked Courtney to come up with some ideas on how to dress yourself properly. I am SO grateful for her and this post - enjoy!


Hi all! It's such a pleasure to meet you! I'm Courtney, founder and owner of Closet Fashion Fix where I offer style tips and tricks to make the most of what you already have in your closet. You can also find me on Facebook where I offer personal style advice to all. A HUGE thank you to Hillary for finding and contacting me!! See you all soon! I'm sure the topic of this post is one that everyone can relate to.  We have all worn an awesome piece of denim at some point in our lives (especially in the 80's).  This summer there are tons of ways to break out those old favorites from your closet or invest in some new.  Here are 5 ways to renew your blues!

Denim Shirt
This is my favorite style to mix and match throughout a wardrobe. The chambray work shirt is an essential piece to any closet.  Layer over a casual tee and jeans or over a floral dress.  Tuck one in to a pencil skirt to make a work outfit laid back.  Show off a great pair of colored bottoms.  Denim can be worn for work or the weekend- that's the best part!
anntaylor.com



Denim Jacket
The denim jacket can come in different shapes and styles.  From blazer to biker, the possibilities are endless.  Pair your chambray blazer with bright separates to fight the office chill or put on a classic denim jacket with a girly dress to ground your look.

A classic jean jacket looks great over stripes or with bright denim bottoms.  It is also easy to throw on over a floaty dress.  Preppy chic with a button down is always a classic, too.

A denim blazer is another way to work in some casual flair to a dressed up look.

Lastly, colored and white jean toppers are a fresh take on an old standby.




Denim Vest
I never would have believed you if you told me denim vests would come back in style 10 years ago.  But sure enough, here they are!  I love the look of a sleeveless denim jacket over a simple tee or dress.  It's an easy way to add a topper without adding warmth on these balmy days.  (Plus, this is a great DIY project for a well loved denim jacket.  Just cut off the arms and you have a new style!)





Denim Shorts
Don't worry, these shorts are all grown up.  No frayed hems or pocket linings peeking out on these shorts.  The denim short can be worn with sandals or heels depending on how you style them.  With a silk top- strappy heels.  With a slouchy sweater- sandals.  Pairing denim on denim is fun with a pair of white shorts and a denim shirt.

(PS. a safe hem length for most is typically 5-7 inches)





Denim Skirt or Dress
No mini skirts here.  The new face of denim is polished and definitely appropriate for all ages.  A denim shirt dress looks great with platform sandals and minimal jewelry.  A denim pencil skirt works overtime with your casual weekend tees or during the week dressed up with pumps and a button down.




7 comments:

Grace said...

I love the combination and I think no matter how old I get there will always be denim in it.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for featuring me as part of your challenge! I had a great time coming up with this post and have enjoyed reading it here. LOVE!

Courtney
http://closetfashionfix.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great post! I bought a chambray shirt earlier this year and love the versatility. That Tory Burch shirt dress is super cute!

Carolyn M said...

Love love love the gueet post and yes I've been wearing denim since I could say "I want that" in the 60a! I love my denim vest and pants. I even had a pair of denim shoes at one time to go with them! Anytime you would like a guest post feel free to ask, I'm between Bzz Campaigns right now and have some time since we're home for the weekend and next week!

Diane said...

I live in denim weather its denim jeans or shorts. I have a denim jacket that i just cant find since we moved - I wear it over summer desses at night when it gets cooler!

Cassie said...

What great ideas!! I found you via the FB hop and decided to check out your blog as well! I'm happy to be your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

Renee C. said...

Wow! I'm having flashbacks to the 80's! I used to LOVE my jean jacket. I wouldn't be spotted without it. I wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! For details go here, just visit http://motherdaughterbookreviews.com/the-versatile-blogger-award-me-uh-huh/

Have a fabulous weekend! :)

Post a Comment

 
Tweet