TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, February 7, 2011

NO SPEND MONTH - Days 6 and 7

OK, if you missed yesterday's post, the hubby came on board and hijacked blogger for the day. No only did he not talk about NOT spending, he went on and on and on and on about the car and how much he loves me (mush! melt! swoon!) - which was a nice break.

Back to the game. That's what this really is. It's a game. NO SPEND MONTH is a game for me. Well, maybe challenge is the right word. So many things are breaking in our kitchen - like my pots and pans! Maybe breaking is the wrong word... more like shedding teflon. Ich!

My pots are basically useless and I'm tempted to go to Yafo's flea market to pick up something for the mean while. Sure, Shufersal is having a GREAT... no, not the word for it, OMGAMAZINGIWISHIHADMONEY sale. That's better.

We recently tasted their private label Belgian dark and milk chocolate with hazelnuts! WOW! Amazing!

Anyway, the grocery giant is having a sale - 2 pans from Kenwood for 100 shekels.

Here's my question: Do I take 100 shekels from our budget to replace my pans or do I wait?

4 comments:

Rebekkah Rose said...

Um, it would make cooking quite challenging since I'm thinking teflon is probably not FDA approved and lack nutrients... could be wrong though.. ;)

Hillary Glaser said...

We already threw out 2 pots and 1 pan. I have some other pans but I'm wondering if I should just get non-stick instead.

3Bs' mom said...

Maybe invest in one good, all purpose pan that you can use for everything for now. And, next year when they have another sale you can buy another one. The questions are, will buying one now prevent you from doing something you want to do later or is this really what you want to spend your money on? Also, is this the best deal? Do deals like this come around more than once a year? Can you take some money from your monthly budget to invest in new houseware when needed?

Linda said...

Yes, if your pans are flaking teflon please replace them. That stuff is not good for you.

Post a Comment

 
Tweet