TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Weekend Before the Clean Out My Food Rations #Challenge

We officially start the clean out my food rations challenge tomorrow. The problem? We ate through a bunch of the food already. Remember that list I created? Here's what's left:

  • 2 salmon filets - prepped and ready to be put in the oven
  • 4 portions of chicken legs
  • 1 box of frozen mini-quiche
  • 1 box of frozen cheese tortellini
  • 1 box of mac and cheese bites
  • 1 box of breaded (and frozen) green beans
  • 2 bags of frozen potatoes
  • 1 bag of frozen yams
  • 3 bags of frozen veggies (all varieties)
  • 1/2 salami
  • 1 package of pastrami
  • 12 eggs
  • 7 bagels
  • 1 package of tuna
  • 3 bags of shredded cheese (all varieties)
  • 1 block of special cheese
  • 1/2 box of pasta
  • 1/2 jar of tomato sauce
  • 1 can of mushroom barley soup
  • 1 package of matzo stuffing
  • 1 jar of Israeli coucous
  • 2 boxes of rice pilaf
  • 1 package of mjadra (sp?)
  • 1 package of latka mix
  • 1 canister of matzo meal
  • A few bags of chips, pretzels, popcorn, granola bars, snacks, cereal bars, and other oddities that make up our cabinet.
We ate through a bunch of other stuff that I accidentally left off this list. BUT I bought the following over the weekend:
  • 10 yogurts
  • 5 apples
  • 1 butternut squash
  • 2 potatoes
  • 2 sweet potatoes
  • 1 loaf of bread
  • 1lb. of carrots
  • 1 large cucumber
  • dill
  • 1 clove of garlic
Downside: 2 of the apples, half of the squash, all of the potatoes and carrots, and the garlic wound up in a delish soup I made. There was SO much soup that I wound up with A LOT of it in my freezer. So, maybe that's an upside?

I already made Yoav's lunch for tomorrow, so here's a picture:
What's in it?
  • 1 chicken finger and a few french fries (from today's lunch)
  • a cereal bar
  • 1 yogurt
  • a cheese stick
  • tortilla chips
  • veggie pals
  • juice
  • mixed berry oats (in the pouch - and I made it myself!!)

I know that most of it will come home (or wind up in the trash) - his daycare doesn't keep leftovers - but I like to give him options.

Tonight's dinner  (a pasta bake!) will be in Craig's lunch tomorrow - so make sure to follow him on Instagram. You can follow me, too, while you're at it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet