TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NO SPEND MONTH - Days 8 and 9 ... irritation

I spent a little today... just a little. This morning, I noticed that I had very little food left to take with me to work so I stopped at the grocery store across the street from my office.


I bought:
  • 6 Mini Challah (egg bread) Rolls
  • 100 grams of cheese (5 slices)
  • Cheese balls (so gross, never making that mistake again)
  • Rice cakes (to go with the tzaziki sauce I left at home)
  • Mike & Ike candies (it was better than chocolate)
  • A small container of hummous
The total: 39 shekels / $10.67

On my way home, I stopped at the local drug store to pick up medicine for Craig.

I bought:
The total: 50.60 shekels /$13.80

Besides the irritation of spending money, something at work really bothered me. Every day I contact dozens of awesome bloggers in hopes that they'll write a great post for us. Today, I received the snarkiest email back from a blogger.

Here's a note: if someone is offering you money to write about their company on your blog, don't burn a bridge and get upset. If you don't want to work with the company, just say no. I'm a professional blogger. If I don't want to work with a company, I simply say no. I've worked with some great companies over the last few years and I would never EVER burn a bridge with anyone who wants me to work with them.

It's a compliment. Someone values your site enough to WANT to work with you - just say "no thank you" if you're not interested.

This blogger really angered me - mostly due to the blatant disrespect.

In the end, I wrote this person a not-so-nice yet professional email back and blocked her from my list.

The end of this week can't come soon enough...

The upside? I get to come home to the most amazing man ever day. Yesterday, we celebrated 6 months of wedded "bliss". I'm incredibly grateful for him. He's incredibly grateful for his watch.... and me.

What do you look forward to after a really irritating day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet