TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, January 17, 2011

To Dye For...

Three months before Craig and I got hitched, I wondered what my REAL hair color would look like all over my head instead of just at my roots. About a month before the wedding, I had my hair extensions put in and the hair stylist ... or as I call him "Satan Spawn that Over Charges" ... wanted to dye my hair to match the extensions. I said "no thank you" and did it myself. My dye job did the trick (and I wasn't paying him ANY more money) and in the fake hair went. When it came out in October, I noticed my ends were super blonde and my roots were not. So, I did what any normal former hairdresser would do... I put red highlights in my hair... by myself.

My highlights looked awesome for a while. They've since faded from bright red to copper (which looks awesome) but as I was driving, I noticed that my roots were really dark and I had this strange sparkly things in my hair. I steer clear of glitter on a daily basis so I couldn't figure out what it was.

I had a gray hair.

This isn't the first time I've had gray hair pop up. Usually it gets colored over with something. But I haven't actually gone for a full-on hair dye job since July. Normal women are probably gasping right now.

So are my hairdresser friends.

And probably my sister.

Fear not, my roots look OK and I don't look all white trash. But I have more gray hair. More than I realized. How the heck did THAT happen?

So, now I need your opinion - to dye or not to dye... that is the question.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet