TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, September 13, 2010

Being Honest

I'm not always so open and honest when it comes to very private aspects of my life. I don't like to share other people's stories and if I do, it's rare that I'll use their names. A few months ago, I opened up to a friend that we were trying to get pregnant. We kinda figured it would take a while (well, I was told by my doc it would take a while) so we decided to try before the wedding.

I know, we're a little nuts. It's OK - it's now after the wedding and we're still trying.

What I opened up about was the fact that I WAS pregnant and miscarried.

Ya know how people believe you can't get pregnant on the first try - well, you can. Only mine didn't stick. At the time, I wasn't so distraught over it but as time went on and I became a little more open with my friends - I actually became sad.

At first I was pissed at their reactions ("You guys can't wait a few months?" "What would your parents say if you got pregnant BEFORE the wedding?!?!"). Then, reality set in and I realized it really would take a while for us to get pregnant.

Now we're married - still trying to conceive - and I'm watching my friends' bellies grow with their second or third child.

I know it'll happen when it's supposed to but it doesn't stop me from wondering WHEN it'll happen. I guess I just need to have a little faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet