TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, October 4, 2010

Pumpkin Spice... oh how I miss theeee

Craig and I recently returned from our honeymoon in Prague (more on that in another post - promise). While we were there, we ventured into Starbucks (we don't have one here) and I got all excited thinking I'd find my Pumpkin Spice Latte. I was wrong. No pumpkin spice. Only vanilla. BOOOO!

So, after scouting around the Nest, I came across a post that magically had to do with my much missed (and much craved) coffee treat. There are actually RECIPES out there to recreate my favorite coffee! Actual. Recipes. OMG. I hope Michele is reading this because I'm about to plotz!

I'm all for buying the syrup version of this recipe but I may actually try this first. This recipe originally comes from Savvy Eats:


Makes about 1 c.
2 T pumpkin puree (canned works too)
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c + 2 T water
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir regularly to keep the syrup from burning as it reduces. The pumpkin will “melt” into the sugar + water. When it takes on the consistency and thickness of maple syrup, remove from heat and pour into heat-proof containers. Don’t let it get too thick, or it will be ropy and won’t blend into your drinks well. Refrigerate until needed.

I know, it seems like A LOT of work but I don't think it is. Besides, this recipe seems healthier than the bottled variety.

What do you think? I wonder if mine will turn out well... I'll keep you updated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet