TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Freeze Dried Food - Not Just for Astronauts


You know I love food, right? I mean I REALLY love food. One of the things I've always wanted to try is freeze dried gourmet food. You probably think I'm nuts but ever since freeze dried ice cream became my best friend, I wanted to eat what the astronauts ate- but better.

Thankfully, in 2011, freeze dried food can now be made into gourmet form- so my wish may soon come true. I recently found a company called Freeze Dried that actually makes and sells gourmet freeze dried food.

Stop making funny faces, I'm actually EXCITED about this! You can actually try the food before you buy it- you just need to locate one of their Try-N-Buy hot spots.

Aside from this wish, I'm living in an area where food is expensive and buying stuff in bulk - then storing it isn't the best option. Let's face it, food goes bad and I get ticked off when I spend a lot of money at the grocery store and food goes bad. Here are a few reasons I will try food from this company:

  • I can store the food for 25 years without anything happening to it.
  • It tastes like gourmet food... according to them.
  • It takes up less space, which is good for me.
  • I can afford it.
  • Actually making the food is really easy- I'm pretty sure Cecil could figure it out... and he's a dog.
Here's a reason you should go to their next try-n-buy, you get a discount on their food and, duh, you get to try it! It's like going to Costco for "lunch" but better because the food is tasty AND it's cheap.

What do you think of the freeze dried option? Are you as gung-ho about it as I am? You should be.

5 comments:

Ann Jones said...

I love using freeze dried foods! Following you from the cup of joe blog hop, you can find me at

http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

Hillary Glaser said...

Really?? Amazing!! I love freeze dried foods and people think I'm nuts! I'll be following you soon!

Jenn@Sweet T Makes Three said...

Totally gung-ho! This morning as I dove into my Uncle Sam cereal with freeze-dried strawberries I was thinking what a great storage option this is.

Unknown said...

Hmmm… freeze dried- I am just not sure! haha!
Christina

Romina said...

I love freeze-dried foods. I have tried the astronaut's ice cream and it was delicious. Thanks for stopping by; following you back.

Post a Comment

 
Tweet