TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Sunday, April 24, 2011

17 Day Diet: C1D1 - PM

Wow, I made an oopsie already. Today is a half-work day in Israel because we're closing out Passover. In Israel, the first and last day of Passover are considered holy days and work is not permitted. In the US and the rest of the diaspora, the first two and last two days are considered holy days and work is not permitted for Jews. Many Jews (especially where I come from) don't follow this. I do and always will. You're meant to go to Shul (synagogue) and spend time with family. This year, we're relaxing and I kicked off my relaxation with a nap. Craig knows that I should NOT nap during the day. I wake up in a daze and I tend to munch on whatever is available.

I woke up from my nap today and was in a haze and opted for dark chocolate (which I guess is the better alternative). I stopped munching when I woke up a bit more and realized what I was doing. I promptly threw the chocolate out (after not doing too much damage) and went back to sleep for another three hours.

Oopsie indeed!

Anyway, I added two things to our menu for tonight (if you don't count the potato wedges for Craig):
  • Kale chips
  • Roasted Carrot Strips
I'm not exactly sure if Kale exists in Israel but I tried with something that resembled Kale and Hillary FTW! I simply combined the Kale-like substance with 1 tbsp. olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. I tossed the ingredients in a bowl and laid it out on a lined cookie sheet. Then I placed it in the oven (300 degrees) for around 10-15 minutes and voila! Done!

The carrots were done in a similar manner but with less olive oil. I also added garlic and sliced the carrots into thin slices. While they didn't turn out the way I thought they would, they were still tasty!

Anyway, by the end of my day I can honestly say I'm not hungry. I had a hard time eating my Greek yogurt because I wasn't really hungry. Remember my last post where I mentioned I was going to post pictures of how I look in order to document my weight loss? Well, here you go.


I have to admit, I do not like the way these pictures look. Soon, these photos will be buried in some archive and they will be a thing of the past.

Currently...
I weigh 77.7 kilo (171lbs)
I drank 8 glasses of water today (which made me pee... a lot)
I ate 1198 calories

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

I LOVE kale chips. I want to make them again but I need that spinner thingy to get rid of the water...

Jodi said...

Roasted carrot chips? Do tell!

Post a Comment

 
Tweet