TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Financial Challenges and Death

Wow, it's been a busy week and it's only Wednesday. Anyone else feel like that?

Lots of things are going on around the Glaser household. For one, my Bubbie passed away. She lived 100 great years and if there's anything I can take away from her passing it's that life is beautiful - even when it's ugly, so smile through it all and you'll be OK.

Someone at shiva (week-long mourning period in Judaism) remarked that I didn't seem particularly upset by Bubbie's passing and, truthfully, it was one of the most annoying things anyone said during shiva... and there were a lot of annoying remarks. Of course I'm sad, I miss her terribly, but she lived to be 100 years old and had a smile on her face constantly. For her, I'd rather celebrate her life than mourn her death. She deserves that much.

Aside from that, we're in the process of buying a house. What a process it is! I hate it, every moment of it. They dive into your financial life and pick through it with a fine tooth comb. It's super annoying and while I totally understand why they do that, it's still annoying. I'm waiting for the mortgage people to say 'OK, now all we need is a blood sample!'

Since we're in the process of buying a new house, I thought May would be a great time for a little financial check and challenge. In the past, when we lived in Israel, we did a No Spend Month - which was pretty easy because we had no money. I don't think that's the route I want to go this time. Plus, if you do a quick Google search of 'no spend month', you'll find lots of blogs that do it and none of them seem super realistic when you're buying a home.

I want to do a challenge that takes us a step further. I want a challenge that helps us reduce our credit cards while still saving money.

Courtesy: Property Mortgage Investment


Any ideas?

Another thought I had is to buy antiques to fill up our house instead of buying new. Since we're starting from scratch, we have almost nothing. What do you think? We're open to suggestions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet