TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, December 31, 2012

Lehitraot (Good Bye) 2012

What a long strange trip it's been... that sums up 2012 for me. In one year I ...
  • Went on bed rest.
  • Gave birth.
  • Welcomed a new nephew two months after giving birth.
  • Turned 31.
  • Attained US citizenship for my son.
  • Helped my husband attain a US Green Card.
  • Left my job.
  • Schlepped around Israel to prepare for our big move.
  • Moved two dogs, one baby, and one husband from Israel to Germany (for a few hours) and then to the US (permanently). 
  • Moved in with my mother.
  • Started Grad School.
  • Created a blue print for my future.
  • Left my other job.
  • Job hunted.
  • Watched my husband attain employment.
  • Became gainfully employed.

See? It's been a crazy journey. I've watched my son go from being a helpless infant to an 11 month old who does.not.want.my.help. He's grown in leaps and bounds but, like his Ima (mom), he enjoys a good nap. I've watched my dogs chase leaves and try to figure out snow. Then I watched my husband maneuver in the snow ... for the first time.

But 2013 is right around the corner and it brings BIG things. Yoav will turn 1. I will expand myself professionally and academically. My husband will do the same. We will grow as a family and as a couple. Here's what I'm looking forward to in 2013:
  • Buying a house.
  • Finishing my degree.
  • Expanding our family (hopefully).
  • Moving up the corporate ladder. 

It's only four things but they are four very BIG things and I'm really looking forward to them. But, if there's anything I'd really like to achieve in 2013, it's receiving my Masters Degree in Holocaust History. It may not help me professionally but it'll help my soul. 

What are you looking forward to in 2013 and what are you happy to say goodbye to in 2012?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet