TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Maps, Globes, and Imaginary Vacations

During Rosh Hashana, I had the great pleasure of having a sleepover with two of my nieces and two of my nephews - plus Yoavi and Craig. The kids ranged from five to 15 and they had a blast feeding my doggies their snacks! At one point, my nephew, Max, asked me to point out Israel on the giant map that hangs over our work desk. He told me it was too tiny to see. He then asked me to point out South Africa, where his Uncle Craig was born, so I did and he said "it's bigger than Israel but smaller than the US" - and he was right. He then started asking some more questions about Israel and asked to see a map. The only map I have is quite old and I really didn't want a seven-year-old touching it with his greasy fingers. I realized quickly that I needed a few laminated maps to show him.

When you search for "maps" in Google, it leads you to a plethora of places that don't help. A while ago, I heard about this site based in the UK that sold maps of all kind and mova globes (which is awesome because I've always wanted one). Maps Online is a really great resource for any mom (or aunt) with inquisitive kids! When we finally get our own place, I am definitely buying a mova globe for Yoavi. There's something fun about spinning a globe, picking a spot, and imagining what that place is like! Maps Online makes shopping for a map (or a globe) super easy - they have guides to help you along the way and the deliver really quickly!
Want it!!!
The next time Max comes over and asks to see a map of Israel and where we used to live, he'll have a plethora of laminated maps for him to look at!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet