TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pesadich Cheesy Zucchini Pods

My journey to find healthy Passover recipes got sidelined this week by a bad cold. My cold was so icky that I started getting dizzy and found myself totally unable to move. NOT FUN! I also sound odd since I lost my voice. Yoav no longer enjoys my singing - which sucks since I sing him to sleep just about every night.

Anyway, I'm pushing myself a bit more today to get back into the groove of things. Yesterday I went shopping for some Passover stuff and I was a little disappointed. We're about a week away from Passover and the only things I could find were matzo and matzo meal. Yay.

I picked up some Parmesan cheese and zucchinis yesterday at the grocery store and decided to make a Passover-friendly version of zucchini tots. This dish is totally milchig (dairy) so it won't go very well with your brisket but does pair nicely with a salad and matzo pizza.

Another Yummy Recipe


Cheesy Zucchini Pods
Ingredients
1 cup zucchini, chopped into small bits
1 egg
1/4 sweet onion, diced (yellow will work, too)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1/4 cup matzo meal
1 tsp. granulated garlic
Salt and Pepper

What to do
Preheat your oven to 200c/400f and spray a mini-muffin tin with olive oil spray. Chop up your zucchini and let it lay out for about an hour on a paper towel to get the extra water out. While you wait, cut up your onion.

Once your hour is up, combine your zucchini, onion, egg, cheese, matzo meal, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Use a spoon to scoop it out of the bowl and put it in the muffin tin. Place your muffin tin in the oven and let it all bake for about 15-20 minutes. You want the top to be browned. Serve it warm!

Once I'm not taking massive amounts of cold medicine, I'll be eating these while I drink some white wine.

Enjoy this recipe - I'm off for a nap!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet