TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Gratitude Project


The theme of my day today is gratitude. I got some awesome messages this morning from new fans and old friends and I am so grateful to all of you for taking time out of your day to write on the blog! It was great to wake up to and some of you had questions for me. My new friend, Grace, from Blessed Elements wondered why I chose to live in Israel.

Not a hard question to answer, let me tell you, Grace. As a Zionist, I not only believe the State of Israel has a right to exist, I also believe that all Jews should live here for at least a little while. After all, it's our homeland. They make it easy to practice (or not practice) Judaism. As a Jew, I like it. As an American citizen - it's a little much for me at times. In truth, we're in the middle of Craig's green card process because I'm home sick and want to move home to Detroit to pursue my MA and PhD in Holocaust history.

Being pregnant in Israel is a bit of a g-d send sometimes. Sure we have socialized medicine but it generally works (unlike in some other countries). Given that being fruitful and multiplying is a commandment for us Jews, Israel likes it when you have babies. They make it relatively inexpensive to receive basic prenatal care and you get paid leave from work in order to care for your baby. Can't argue with that - 14 weeks of paid leave to spend with my kid... I'll take it! Granted, they don't make it easy. There's a lot of bureaucracy involved. By the way, it took me a full year to learn how to spell "bureaucracy"... that's what I learned in college. Anyway, I am beyond grateful for 14 weeks leave, especially when I consider what my friends don't get in the U.S.

Still, as with any country, life isn't always so grand. There are not enough hours in the day. Lately, I've been working REALLY hard to promote the Gratitude Project. What's the gratitude project? Well, it's an initiative started by my friend Joanna to steer people away from being grateful out of politeness and steer them towards being grateful FOR REAL. On November 18th, from 9am to 4pm EST, you can call in for the first 10 minutes of each hour and practice a few exercises on how to learn true gratitude. Additionally, you'll learn new rituals that help people feel gratitude and appreciation from within.


Why am I working on this project? I'm sick of people being "polite" and not really being grateful. I look for the good in each day and I hold on to that because I'm truly grateful that something GOOD happened during my day. So, I took on this massive responsibility to help Joanna and I am so proud of the results. We're looking to get over 1,000 people registered for this free event. So why not take a chance and learn how to REALLY be grateful for what each day gives. Register here.

I hope you'll join me and the fruits of my labors on November 18th - this event is going to be HUGE! Interested in helping me promote the event? Sign up below...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet