TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, April 25, 2011

17 Day Diet: C1D2 - AM/PM

Have you ever had a day to sleep in and your plan is to sleep in because you need the extra rest? Your hope is to sleep in and wake up relaxed and refreshed, right? Well, today is that day for me but I woke up FAR from refreshed and far from relaxed. I woke up with a sinus headache and I woke up in a bad mood.

Sounds like fun, right? I woke up late, in pain, and in a bad mood. Lovely way to start my vacation day! The upside? I woke up 2kilo (around 5lbs) lighter. How's THAT for motivation!

After making eggs and fruit for the two of us for breakfast, I was full for a long time. On the diet, I can only have two servings of fruit and it needs to be before 2pm. So, I rushed to get my second serving in and made a yogurt smoothie. It was less delicious than I thought it would be but maybe it was because I wasn't hungry.

Anyway, Craig was starving by dinner time so I made him tuna patties and I made the most amazing Tilapia for me. All I did was shmere on some ground mustard, ground ginger, and garlic - then pan cooked it in 1 tsp. olive oil. AMAZING, I tell you, AMAZING! So light but so filling.

After dinner, spontaneously, we met up with two of Craig's friends from South Africa and their beautiful daughter. They hadn't indulged in dinner yet so we went to a local Italian chain called Spaghettim.

I was SO proud of myself. Instead of indulging in my favorite dish (gnocchi), I split a salad with Craig.

I think I overdid it on salad today, though.

When I woke up this morning, I weighed 5lbs less than I did when I went to bed yesterday. By bedtime, I weighed only 2.5lbs less. Not too shabby though, right? I'll weigh in again tomorrow AM and PM.

Tomorrow's menu: scrambled egg whites with Greek yogurt and watermelon for breakfast; another yogurt with grapes for a snack; tuna with salad and carrot sticks for lunch; kohlrabi and cucumbers for another snack; and tilapia with broccoli and Brussels sprouts for dinner. I'll also hit the gym tomorrow and I've been warned to eat protein before I go. This all sounds like a delicious plan to me!

Am I missing potatoes? A little. Am I missing bread? Not at all.

1 comments:

Talya Drissman said...

Mmm.. Spagettim. I am so proud of you - I KNOW how good their food is!!!

Post a Comment

 
Tweet