TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Invest in Your Business

Photo Credit: Carvajal Group
Earlier this week, an interview I gave went live on Marketing Land, and a teaser went live on Search Engine Land. I was SO excited about this interview that I had to share it with everyone! And I did. I shared it everywhere - except here. I apologize. Between having a yucky stomach virus and trying to get work done, I haven't been able to update you wonderful readers about this awesome opportunity.

I'm proud of this interview. It's a career success for me. I've worked for nearly a decade to get to where I am and I am incredibly proud of that but my interview raised some questions for people about what I do. I work in Search Engine Optimization - I can't really explain exactly what I do but I can tell you that I work tirelessly to help my clients get found in search engines. When you search, I want you to see my clients - I'm proud of the work they do. Still, there's concern among my fellow SEO-ers about the work we do and how we're not quite taken seriously.

Let me explain.

When you build a website, you want to get found on Google and Bing. Without people like me, that becomes harder to do. For large companies, especially companies that have several departments that update their website, there's not a lot of consistency in how they update. That's where people like me (and the awesome people I work with) come in and say "STOP!" - we help you stay consistent before you get out of whack with your site.

Some of the other things I've heard are "I have a cousin who can do what you do - why should I hire you?" We hate this question. Do you go to your doctor and say "I have the Doctors TV app on my phone - why do I need you?" Do you go to a lawyer and say "I'm not sure I need you, because I Googled my problem and found something on About.com - but look over this contract and tell me if I'm in the wrong." Much like your body, your website can get sick, too. And just like you and a contract, your presence on search engines could be all wrong. You need professionals to guide you with certain things - SEO is one of them. Your health is an investment. Your website is an investment. I can't prescribe medication for your ailments or tell you what to do to lead a healthy lifestyle (legally, at least) - but I can tell you what's hindering your website from search engines and I can tell you what to do to make your site healthy again.

That's worth the investment.

Invest in your business and let us help you build your brand.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet