TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Monday, February 3, 2014

Bought a New Roof

Do you have those cheesy windows/roof commercials in your neighborhood? We do and we have quite a few of them. There are several roofing companies in our area that pay for commercials during the news and we just bought a roof from one of them.

Let me back track a bit for you.

In December, our ceiling started leaking. We called our contractor to come out and fix it. He did the job but couldn't finish because it wouldn't stop snowing!! There was nothing we could do - we needed him to finish sealing the roof and he couldn't because the roof was too wet. Just as he finished the interior of the house - our ceiling started leaking... at 3am!!!

Did I mention that it started leaking on Saturday morning - the day before Yoav's birthday? No? Well, keep that in mind.

I must have called a dozen places and the quotes we received were crazy. Some only wanted to fix one part of the roof. Others wanted to do one section of our roof (we have 4 altogether). So, we called Hansons. Their known for their deals on windows and siding but I was surprised to know they install roofing shingles, too.

Bob came out to our house ... in the middle of a snow storm. Bob was great! He took measurements, showed us some options, and then took $10k off the price. Done. They're coming out this week to fix the leak in the roof and then they'll be back to completely redo our roof.

I hope the weather can hold out until then ... and by weather, I mean I hope it's cold so the leaks freeze and water doesn't keep leaking into my house.

I hate home ownership...even if I do have a cool pool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet