TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Thursday, December 1, 2011

No Spend Month - Day 1

It's the start of our NO SPEND MONTH! Whoo hoo! I already f*cked up.

While I was putting fires out at work, I started getting hungry. We were meant to stop at the grocery store on our way home but I decided I'd rather just go home. Before I remembered that we had frozen pizza, I ordered from Pizza Hut.

2 individual pizzas plus a 1.5 liter bottle of Sprite = 59.90NIS/$16. Yeah, it seems a little absurd that we just paid $16 for two pizzas and Sprite.

So, out of 1,100NIS, we now have 1,040.10NIS to last us for the rest of the month.

Because I feel REALLY stupid, I'm doing something RADICAL! I'm going minimalistic at the grocery store tomorrow. Here's what's on the list:
- 10 rolls (10 for 10NIS)
- Floor cleaner (10NIS)
- Potatoes
- Clementines*
- Bananas*
- Chicken soup (FREE)
- Frozen veggies (FREE)
- Laundry Detergent (FREE)
- Fabric softener (FREE)



Nothing else. That's it.

*optional

You may have noticed there are a few free items on our list - that's because we're reviewing the products for Shufersal grocery store.

I may not be cooking up a storm this weekend but I'll be doing my best.

What's on your grocery list?


7 comments:

UntrainedHairMom said...

I'm very interested in following your no spend month post!!

Ashley S said...

Can't wait to hear how your progress goes!

Elizabeth said...

Can't wait to see how your progress goes. It tough. Especially not buying quick food fast restaurants

Rebecca Dolores said...

P.S. I think its an awesome idea, but I don't think I could make it! I suck at money. haha

Anonymous said...

I find it very easy not to spend...if I leave cash and credit cards home...lol. Otherwise, not so easy!
marie from hh

Rebecca Dolores said...

oh, oops, I thought I saved my first comment! I always seem to do that here on your site. sorry.. anyway, I think I said: If there is one thing about making food stretch on a budget that I have learned from my culture, it is that rice and beans can go a long way! There are lots of variety of beans, they are very nutritious, and there are so many different ways to prepare both beans and rice. When I'm broke, my mom usually reminds me to buy beans and rice, haha. I usually end up splurging on heirloom tomatoes and basil but hey, I try to spend wisely. :) Good Luck!

Beck Valley Books said...

Watching your posts closely, cant wait to see how you get on !

Post a Comment

 
Tweet