TNGheader Home Blogs We Love Contact Us PR

Friday, May 7, 2010

Nashville

When Craig and I started dating, I told him if I could move anywhere in the world, it would be to Nashville, TN. When I said that, I meant that if money was no object and I didn't need to work - I would TOTALLY move to Nashville.


I know, it sounds REALLY odd. Why would a Jewish girl from Detroit want to move to the country-western capital?

Well, once upon a time, my friend, T, and I were traveling. She's a big time lawyer but accompanied me on a trip to Nashville so I could work on a photo shoot. I was looking for any kind of experience and I'd never been to Nashville before. We rented a hotel room and a car and drove around the greater-Nashville area.

I fell in love. Not just with the city but with the people.

Now, I sit far away in a place where Nashville doesn't register on our radar. It makes me sad. Nashville is in trouble. The flood waters haven't receded yet. People have lost their homes and their possessions. Many of them have lost everything. So, I wondered: what can I do to help? Well, I can blog.

Over the past two years, I have worked with several awesome Mom bloggers who live in Nashville. I envied them. Now they need help, along with others.

I read on Bitches on a Budget that a volunteer wanted to give some great publicity to a great cause. There's a list of organizations that need help.

If you want to help, the Middle Tennessee Red Cross needs donations and volunteers. So does the Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee. Have some extra food you'd like to donate, the Second Harvest Food Bank would love to take it off your hands.

There are many ways to help! Just like the earthquake in Haiti devastated an entire nation - these floods have ruined people's lives. Now's a good time to help you! You'll get a great warm and fuzzy feeling. I promise.

Know of other ways to help? Leave a comment!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tweet